The 13th edition of the contest is starting!
The 13th Edition of the video contest “Give me 1 Minute of – Eman Minutu 1” aims to raise awareness about cultural and linguistic diversity.
In this edition, the best 1-minute audiovisual works defending, promoting, claiming, disseminating and/or raising awareness of cultural and linguistic diversity and the place of cultural and linguistic rights within the human rights system will be awarded.
The loss of linguistic diversity is a loss of a part of humanity’s heritage. Accepting linguistic rights is a decisive step towards promoting tolerance and intercultural dialogue, as well as laying a stronger foundation for a permanent respect for diversity.
Target 4.7 of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 on inclusive and equitable quality education has addressed the promotion of sustainable development in global citizenship education and the valuing of cultural and linguistic diversity.
Linguistic rights are enshrined in several provisions of international human rights law, including the prohibition of discrimination, the right to freedom of expression, the right to privacy, the right to education and the right of linguistic minorities to use their own language to communicate with others in their group.
The Jury will particularly value:
- Videos that reflect on the importance of linguistic diversity.
- Videos that promote, support and commit to cultural and linguistic rights.
- Videos that contribute to building a multilingual and sustainable future, leaving no one behind, leaving no one out.
- The acceptance and social incorporation of difference and cultural, social, identity and gender diversity.
- The visibilisation of people’s capacities and strategies to demand their rights either individually or collectively.
- The involvement of society in the struggle for a fairer, more inclusive, equitable and sustainable world.
- Videos that advocate for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Paternalistic, victimising or sensationalist tones should be avoided.
Remember: the deadline for registration and submission of videos will remain open until 31 January 2023.
We are waiting for your videos!